As we come into Autumn I’ve been craving something heavier as a snack… But I still want it to be healthy and vegan!
Enter Deliciously Ella:
These flapjacks are made with only 5 ingredients, they’re vegan and (most importantly!) taste amazing. It’s like a cross between banana bread and traditional flapjacks.
- 360g Oats
- 2 Bananas
- 6 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 6 tablespoons nut butter (I used almond)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Place oats into a large mixing bowl
- Mash the bananas and add them to a saucepan with maple syrup, nut butter and coconut oil – heat until it forms a smooth liquid
- Pour the liquid over the oats and stir so they’re all covered
- Transfer mix to a baking tray, pressing down firmly so it’s compact
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Leave to cool fully before slicing
These have been great for snacking when I get home from work, and as a mid-morning snack 🙂 I’ve already made a couple of batches.
Leave a comment below with your favourite snack for this time of year.